Are only members of the sports club insured?

Are refugees allowed to receive a player passport? An eligibility to play has to be applied for by the club at the appropriate federal sports association. A valid residence title or a so called “blue residency card”, a permission to reside or a temporary suspension of deportation (Duldung) is required for the application. Children up to the end of nine years of age have to hand in only a copy of the personal document (e.g. permission to reside etc.) in addition to the application.

Children from 10 years of age on and above and adults also need, according to FIFA guidelines, a so called international transfer certificate ITC. This is true for soccer at least. The application for the ITC takes place within the application process at the federal sports association and comes from the relevant country of origin. Any other possibly needed documents should be discussed with the individual sports club.