Is it possible to do an industrial training?

In order to participate in a basic or advanced industrial training (a so called dual training) a residence permit acc. to § 17 Res.Act has to be applied for. It is required to get a permission from the employment agency first before the residence permit can be issued, unless it is an unrestricted occupation. Whether the planned dual training is restricted or not can be inquired at the local immigration office of the future place of residence. 
During a qualified vocational training one is allowed to work up to 10 hours a week in jobs which need not be related to the training.
The residence permit is normally issued for two years. If the basic or advanced industrial training lasts less than two years, then the residence permit is limited to the duration of the training. It can also be extended to the expected completion should the training last longer.