Study and vocational training in Germany – Study applicants?

Third country nationals who want to study in Germany, but are not yet accepted at a state university or state-approved university, can be issued a residence permit for up to nine months (§ 16 subs 1a Res. Act). Proof of a university entrance qualification is a mandatory requirement. If applicable, an assessment test can be performed.